Friday, September 16, 2011

Catch Up With the Most Requested Telemarketer from the Philippines

Calvin de la Cruz more commonly known as “Lee Davis” to his customers has been with Next Office for years now. He is a graduate of an established university in the Philippines with a degree in Accountancy, but felt that this is not the path for him to take. He then pursued a career in sales, getting training from one of the best success coaches in the Philippines. Entering the call center industry never came to his mind until he was offered a position that will pay him well and provide him an opportunity to improve his skills.

Here’s a quick catch up with the most requested telemarketer of Next Office.

  1. How did you start in the business (telesales)?
My friends were actually the ones who encouraged me to enter the business when call centers started in the Philippines. They believed that I fit in the call center industry because of my outgoing personality and... good English communication skills. To further enhance my skills, I decided to get a short term course for someone who wants to be in the industry, in a renowned training center in the Philippines. This experience taught me a lot. It helped me become more confident that made me fit into telesales position. When I finally got into sales, I promised  myself that I will be the best agent that I can be... and I know I did it and still doing it.

  1. What do you think is the main contributing factor that makes you the most requested telemarketer of the company?
First, I manage to show them consistency in terms of numbers. Sales is a numbers game. So let's say if it takes me fifty phone calls to make ten contacts and it takes ten contacts to make one sale; then I am going to have to make a whole bunch of phone calls to reach those ten sales. That’s what I always keep in mind. Secondly, I also believe that it’s not only about sales, but it's also about attitude and having the right mentality. As a telemarketer I’m calling hundreds of people a day and many of them woundn’t be interested in what I’m going to say. Hence, as a person with attitude, I make sure that I am able to brush that right off my shoulders.

  1. How do you keep your positive attitude?
    I always have this MIND SET to compete with everyone in a healthy and positive way. I always tell myself that I'm the BEST and I'm number 1.

2 comments:

  1. Nice information and thanks for sharing.

    Regards,
    Informaticsoutsourcing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good post! Philippines is one of the best in terms of outsourcing! According to my research, Philippines is the majority in BPO's industry!


    philippines logo design

    ReplyDelete